This blog post was initially written to describe Bishofit – a name for magnesium oil in Russia. Since we no longer sell it, I have changed the information to describe the therapeutic properties of magnesium oil in general.
People have known about the healing properties of magnesium salt for a long time and have been using it to treat muscle cramps, aches and pains, to calm nerves, relax, etc. It is widely used in balneology due to its analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect to treat osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, lumbago, and other conditions of the Musculoskeletal and Nervous systems. It is also used to treat nervous tension, stress, a variety of skin conditions and a number of other problems.
Magnesium oil is widely used in medicine for a number of pharmacological properties.
It has been found to:
- Stimulate protein/fat metabolism
- Reduce inflammation by lowering the levels of histamine and serotonin (mediators of inflammation)
- Speed up rehabilitation processes in the body
- Increase testosterone levels and sperm production
- Increase metabolic rate
- Strengthen immunity
- Slow down ageing
- Reduce cholesterol levels in the blood
- Improve the functioning of the musculoskeletal system
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce symptoms of hay fever and allergies
- Significantly reduce heart disease and mortality
- Lower the incidence of cancers
- Improve the functioning of the Nervous System
- Reduce the effects of stress
- Increase phagocytosis
- Speed up tissue regeneration
- Improve skin condition
- Help with respiratory conditions, such as bronchitis, asthma, whooping-cough,
chronic respiratory complaints.
It has been proved to be a:
- Bactericidal / fungicidal
- Improve micro-circulation
- Immune regulator.
This whole blog is dedicated to magnesium, and I suggest that you look through it to find the subject you are interested in. If you cannot find it, please get in touch with me.